Monday, April 7, 2014

"Internal Journey"

       




       Back in the day, when we got to this class for the first time the professor said that this class was going to be a journey, one were your transportation were a notebook and the journey was to your mind.  In order to make that possible the deal was to write every day, during the class a 10-minute free writing.  In this free writing we had to look deep in our minds, and write down to paper every thought, every feeling spontaneously. But it was definitely not that simple, we had to write but we cannot worry about spelling, cross out words and we had to do it without stopping for ten minutes straight. And that’s were the journey in the search of our thoughts began.
 
            Then, when the free writing was done our goal was to reach deep down in our minds and feelings, so we had to make some kind of journey compasses. As we know a compass has 4 points, north, south, east and west, but in this case our points were spiritual, emotion, mind and physical. The point was to write how you felt in that moment about all of the 4 points of the compass and then rate them with a scale from one to three, where one was really poor and three excellent.

            At the end our journey had a total of forty exercises of free writing and twenty-four compasses.  When I started writing in January I just saw it like a simple writing but now that I look back in time I can see how much I’ve grown in English and personally. The latest free writing showed me how much I improved, at first I was writing, kind of robotically and trying to take care of my spelling and then I just started to write, to express my feelings and let my mind do all the job and all the spelling thing was gone.  For the compasses all I can say is that doing them was really a journey, having the opportunity to just sit down and think about my life and getting to know where I was bad and where not was it. It really helped me in a way that I couldn’t think before.


            Finally I want to mention that the deal for this class wasn’t complete without the fact that we had to decorate our transportation (the notebook), it had to have personality and meaning. For this I just thought that the perfect way of showing all of this was to put on all of these places that I want to go and some quotes that I really found interesting and like.




"Life is notes under our fingers -- we just have to figure out what notes to play." - Jamie Fox

6 comments:

  1. I see that the internal journey is similar in a lot of ways from each one of us but at the same time is different. That's what make us unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have more or less the same experience with the journal. Nevertheless, the outcome of the inner journey I believe was different for every one of us. It was a new thing and we all took some time to get accustomed to it, but the outcome was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The journal became a way to express ourselves. Evidently, we all found a piece of our identity that was hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would actually love to read you journal, to see what nonsense and funny things you wrote. I always saw you writing with a smile in your face and makes me wonder about what exactly you are witting about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing my internal journey was such a great adventure. It helped all of us to discover a little about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the pictures you put up..and yes I agree that this has definitely been a journey.

    ReplyDelete